Sustainable Santa Cruz Hotel
Hotel Santa Cruz , in accordance with its values and vision of the future, is aware of the relevance of its surroundings and the importance of development for the destination and the region. For this reason, it is publicly committed to the fact that its operations will be an example to follow, complying with high sustainability standards, always maintaining the high level of its services and products offered.
To achieve its commitment, it promotes Sustainable Tourism in the following way:
• Generates direct and indirect employment in the surrounding communities.
• Improve their services and working conditions.
• It actively promotes Chilean culture.
• Promote Sustainable Tourism.
• It has an energy and water saving plan.
• It has a Solid Waste Recycling Program, which makes it possible to minimize the generation thereof and carry out responsible waste management.
• Commits to fair trade.
• Rejects exploitation of human beings in any of its forms.
It also has the following plans:
1. Water and Energy Savings Plan:
• We use solar panels to save energy and thus minimize the impact on the environment.
• Each room is equipped with an automatic power cut, controlled by the card in each room.
• The common areas have LED or low consumption lighting.
• Hotel rooms also have 50% LED lighting.
• The bathrooms are equipped with differentiated discharge buttons to reduce the use of water.
• Rooms have a towel and sheet recycling program to minimize water use.
• The washing machines used by the Hotel have the Ozone system, which reduces water consumption.
• We constantly train our staff to provide them with the tools they need for proper energy and water management.
2. Solid Waste Recycling Program, which allows us to minimize the generation of solid waste and carry out responsible management of this type of waste:
• We separate recyclable waste at its source, both in rooms and in production areas.
• We have a recyclable waste storage area in accordance with the regulations, for the temporary storage of this waste before its final and authorized collection.
• We have recycling stations at strategic locations in the hotel, which allow passengers to separate waste for recycling.
• We constantly train our staff to provide them with the tools they need for proper waste management.
• We take care of storing recyclable products by type and responsibly manage their disposal, thus minimizing their accumulation and carrying out responsible waste management.
• Recycle used vegetable oil and dispose of it properly.
• We promote Sustainable Tourism through the Code for Responsible Tourism (SERNATUR)