Santa Cruz Hotel Sustainable
Hotel Santa Cruz , according to its values and vision of the future, is aware of the relevance of its surroundings and the importance of development for the destination and the region. That is why, it undertakes publicly, that its operations will be an example to follow, complying with the high standards of sustainability, always maintaining the high level of its services and products offered.
To achieve its commitment, it promotes Sustainable Tourism in the following way:
• Generates direct and indirect employment in the surrounding communities.
• Improve your services and working conditions.
• Promotes Chilean culture actively.
• Promotes Sustainable Tourism.
• It has an energy and water saving plan.
• It has a Solid Waste Recycling Program, which allows minimizing their generation and responsible management of waste.
• Commits to fair trade.
• Rejects exploitation of human beings in any form.
It also has the following plans:
1. Water and Energy Savings Plan:
• We use solar panels to save energy and thus minimize the impact on the environment.
• Each room is equipped with an automatic power cut, controlled by the card of each room.
• The common areas have LED lighting or low consumption.
• The hotel rooms also have 50% LED lighting.
• Bathrooms are equipped with differentiated discharge buttons to reduce water use.
• The rooms have a towel and sheet recycling program to minimize water use.
• The washing machines used by the Hotel have the Ozone system, which reduces water consumption.
• We constantly train our staff to provide them with the tools they need for proper energy and water management.
2. Solid Waste Recycling Program, which allows us to minimize the generation of solid waste and carry out responsible management of this type of waste:
• We separate recyclable waste at its source, both in rooms and in productive areas.
• We have a recyclable waste storage area in accordance with the regulations, for the temporary storage of this waste before its final and authorized collection.
• We have recycling stations in strategic locations of the hotel, which allow passengers to separate waste for recycling.
• We constantly train our staff to provide them with the tools they need for proper waste management.
• We take care of storing recyclable products by type and manage their disposal responsibly, thus minimizing their accumulation and carrying out responsible waste management.
• Recycle used vegetable oil and dispose of it properly.
• We promote Sustainable Tourism through the Code for Responsible Tourism (SERNATUR)