Hotel Santa Cruz Sustentable
Hotel Santa Cruz , in accordance with its values and vision of the future, is aware of the importance of its environment and the importance of development for the destination and the region. That is why it is committed in a public way, that its operations will be an example to follow, complying with the high standards of sustainability, always maintaining the high level of its services and products offered.
To achieve its commitment, it promotes Sustainable Tourism in the following way:
• Generates direct and indirect employment in the surrounding communities.
• Improve your services and working conditions.
• Promotes the Chilean culture in an active way.
• Promotes Sustainable Tourism.
• It has an energy and water saving plan.
• It has a Solid Waste Recycling Program, which allows to minimize the generation of waste and to carry out a responsible waste management.
• Commit to fair trade.
• Rejects exploitation of human beings in any of its forms.
It also has the following plans:
1. Water and Energy Saving Plan:
• We use solar panels to save energy and thus minimize the impact on the environment.
• Each room is equipped with an automatic power cut, controlled by the card of each room.
• Common areas have LED or low consumption lighting.
• The hotel rooms also have 50% LED lighting.
• The bathrooms are equipped with differentiated discharge buttons to reduce the use of water.
• The rooms have a recycling program for towels and sheets to minimize the use of water.
• The washing machines used by the Hotel have the Ozone system, which reduces water consumption.
• We constantly train our staff to provide them with the tools they need for proper management of energy and water.
2. Solid Waste Recycling Program, which allows us to minimize the generation of solid waste and carry out a responsible management of this type of waste:
• We separate recyclable waste at its source, both in rooms and in productive areas.
• We have a recyclable waste storage area in accordance with the regulations, for the temporary storage of this waste before its final and authorized collection.
• We have recycling stations in strategic places of the hotel, which allow passengers to separate waste for recycling.
• We constantly train our staff to provide them with the tools they need for proper waste management.
• We take care of storing recyclable products by type and manage their disposal in a responsible manner, minimizing their accumulation and carrying out a responsible waste management.
• Recycle used vegetable oil and dispose of it properly.
• We promote Sustainable Tourism through the Code for Responsible Tourism (SERNATUR)